There are 13 specific things all mentally strong people refrain from doing. They do not:
1. Waste time feeling sorry for themselves. This is a self-destructive behavior that leads to more negative emotions.
2. Give away their power. People can still be kind while demanding that others respect them.
3. Shy away from change. Change can be scary and uncomfortable, but it is necessary for growth.
4. Focus on things they cannot control. Trying to manage what is out of one’s control just leads to increased anxiety and stress.
5. Worry about pleasing everyone. Conflict and confrontation are often uncomfortable, but constantly avoiding it makes it impossible for people to reach their goals.
6. Fear taking calculated risks. Sometimes people’s fears and anxieties do not actually match the risks they are taking.
7. Dwell on the past. Self-reflection can be healthy, but dwelling can be self-destructive.
8. Make the same mistakes over and over. Repeating the same mistakes does not change anything.
9. Resent other people’s success. Resenting someone else’s success can cause a person to behave illogically.
10. Give up after one failure. Some of the most accomplished people in the world failed dozens of times before achieving success.
11. Fear alone time. Creating time to be alone with one’s thoughts is a powerful experience.
12. Feel the world owes them anything. A sense of entitlement does nothing but anger others.
13. Expect immediate results. Change takes time.