Marketers can only measure things they can manage. Therefore, the authors developed the Sitecore® Customer Experience Maturity Model™ to walk people through the customer experience incrementally and to understand how to measure it.
Since connecting with customers is a goal that continually evolves, this model offers seven stages to map the customer experience and offers guidance on responding to customer behavior at each step. It matches marketing efforts with marketing objectives and reaches to all areas of an organization. The steps are:
1. Initiate: This is the beginning of the journey and often starts with a static website.
2. Radiate: Reach customers across channels, which often include a mobile website and social media.
3. Align: Digital goals are aligned with strategic objectives.
4. Optimize: Each point in the customer journey is optimized to be relevant to customers’ specific needs.
5. Nurture: Relate to customers based on their profile data so they can be nurtured.
6. Engage: Connect with customers across online and offline touch points. This step is challenging because it includes data from different parts of a company.
7. Lifetime customers: Use past customer data and predictive analytics to predict customers’ future needs