POWER notes are:
To write successful POWER notes, individuals must follow seven steps:
- Use personalized or monogrammed cards to make notes more special.
- Use blue ink to make notes look original and positive.
- Use the word “you,” but avoid the words “I,” “me,” and “my.”
- Be specific and compliment the character or a unique quality of the recipient.
- Utilize the power of positive projection by identifying a trait they want to improve and expressing respect for the recipient’s similar traits.
- Focus on handwriting, making sure that the text slopes slightly upward and to the right.
- Use the P.S. as a call to action (e.g., “P.S. Give me a call next week!”).