Ten Ways to Improve Focus at Work
One of the best ways to use time most effectively is to improve one’s concentration skills, love to recommends the following techniques.
1. Start small. Concentration can be learned by taking small steps over time.
2. Find a quiet place. It easier to concentrate in quiet workspaces and less busy times of the day.
3. Get an early start or stay late. Consider going to the office early to get a jumpstart on projects or staying later in the day.
4. Move lunch time. To avoid crowds, consider moving lunch either before or after noon.
5. Take shorter, more frequent breaks. Taking five to ten minute breaks every couple of hours increases people’s energy and focus.
6. Control personal interaction. Schedule daily social interactions with co-workers. This helps to prevent unplanned interruptions.
7. Acknowledge then dismiss distracting thoughts. When distracting thoughts arise, accept them and if necessary write them down. Then dismiss them.
8. Reward success. It can be useful to reward oneself for reaching a goal’s interim steps. Small rewards on a daily basis can increase focus.
9. Tackle big opportunities. Challenges often motivate people to perform at higher levels.
10. Maintain a steady pace. The most successful people exhibit two personality traits: persistence and consistency.