There are several aspects of appreciation that make it vital for anyone. Appreciation is motivating, humanizing, specific, empowering, and powerful.
When people thank one another, it benefits both the giver and the receiver. Gratitude uplifts people’s spirits and promotes well-being. There are 14 beneficial effects that gratitude has on the health of employees and the workplace:
1. Grateful people achieve more.
2. Grateful people are better corporate citizens.
3. Grateful people are less likely to burn out.
4. Grateful people pay it forward.
5. Grateful people are morally alert.
6. Giving creates a positive feedback loop.
7. The opportunity to give increases employees’ commitments to their companies.
8. Givers are more engaged.
9. Gratitude increases emotional wellbeing.
10. Grateful people get along better with others.
11. Grateful people are more resilient to trauma.
12. Grateful people sleep better.
13. Grateful people are physically healthier.
14. Grateful people are less depressed.
A “thank you” takes a second to say but can actually make someone’s day.
Move towards self betterment, be grateful, acknowledge people, give out appreciation and see the world change around you..